This week, Activision and Electronic Arts execs gave their predictions on what will happen in the games industry for the next year or two and sometimes their predictions were very different from each other. We thought it might be fun to take a look at some other predictions they make (or may not) make in these financial conference calls. Without further ado, HomeLAN presents the top 10 predictions of game publishers
10. We think the Phantom console will be the number one seller by 2005.
9. We think the N-Gage will beat the GBA and PSP in sales by 2005.
8. We predict that game developers will keep their planned release dates from now on.
7. We think we were just having a good joke with those last three predictions. :)
6. We believe that endorsing pro gamers will lead to them getting their own Late Night with David Letterman spot where Letterman will then make fun of them.
5. We think making more games based on movies and TV shows are a good idea....especially if that TV show is Baywatch.
4. We think all these proposed bills about regulating the sales of violent video games will go away...to be replaced by bills banning the sales of further Deer Hunter games.
3. We predict new consoles will have the ability to stop games from playing that they think are really bad.
2. We predict that the next big trend in gaming is a fully interactive eating simulation.
And the number one prediction made by game publisher executives...
1. We predict lots of raises and bonuses for us.